The Sims 3 is the current installment of The Sims franchise. Its creation was confirmed on November 2, 2006, by EA chief financial officer Warren Jenson who said, "Yes, there's a Sims 3 in development and it's likely to be a fiscal '09 title." In July 2007 AI researcher Richard Evans, who is part of the TS3 team, gave a talk at the annual AIIDE (Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment) conference in California, notes from which can be read here. The title was to be released on February 20, 2009 according to the official, but was delayed worldwide to June 2, 2009. Electronic Arts cites the reason for the delay was to "create awareness for The Sims
Installing Sims 3 and expansions on a Mac
- Insert Sims 3 or Expansion disc into the disc drive.
- Click on the “CD drive” icon on the desktop.
- The Sims 3
- An Install process window will open. Select your "Language" and "Country"
- An Introduction screen will show, click “OK”.
- A license agreement screen will need your review and approval, then click “Continue”.
- On the Registration screen enter the 20 digit Alpha-numeric code click “Continue”.
- Destination Selection: (6.1 GB of space is required)
- Select the destination drive to . (This will most likely be the Macintosh HD or the name of the customer’s )
- Click “Continue.”
- When the "Installation Confirm" window opens, click “Install”
- In the Summary window, select the box next to "View Readme"
- Click the "Close" Button.
- Readme.txt will show how functions for “right and the middle mouse functionality on a Mac”
- Scroll down to “house control” to give controls Right and Middle Mouse button functionality
- It is recommended to Save this document for future reference.
- An updates or a patch window may pop up. Click “Yes” for updates/patches.
- If no pop up appears check for updates/patches via the Sims 3 Game Launcher under "Game Updates".
- Once installation completes, you can play Sims 3.